Thursday, October 7, 2010

a trip to publix.

Yesterday morning, I made my way to Publix with the coupon binder and coffee in hand. I also had a list of things that I wanted to gather because of the sale price and because we were running out of them. My grand total today was a whopping $34.50. (Disclaimer: I do like to save money, and I do love my coupons, but there are somethings that I won't sacrifice for, and I'd pay the extra money to have what I do like versus buying things that I am not particularly fond of. Also, since I am trying to eat better I tend to put out the extra money towards the things that are better for me, versus buying what's the cheapest, on sale, or free.)

Anyways, here's what I got:
10 Cans of Progresso Soup - 2.29 a piece But they were BOGO and I had 2.50 off.
5 Fage (Fa-yeah) Greek Yogurts - 5/$6
2 Breakstone's Cottage Cheeses - 2.75 a piece and I 2 $1 off coupons
6 Lean Cuisines - 1.97-2.50 a piece and 2 $1 off coupons
4 Healthy Choice Meals - 2.39 a piece and I had a competitors coupon for B3G1 and a $1 off of 3 Meals
2 Luna Bars - .99 a piece with two $.50 off coupons
3 Pears and 1 onion - 2.50 (or so for both) plus I had a $1 off produce from a competitor.
and the DEAL OF THE DAY 2 Crystal Light 12q Packages - 4.69 a piece with 1.50 off Publix Coupon (times two) and $1 off Manufacturer coupon (times two). So this was actually a .31 cent money maker!

And added on top of that I a $5 off of $50 dollar purchase competitors coupon for additional savings!



No comments:

Post a Comment